Help our organization by donating today! All donations go directly to making a difference for our cause.
GREEN SHORE PROJECT
Trees and vegetation are crucial to our ecosystem and are essential for the survival of every species on this earth. Besides providing oxygen, trees play a significant role in maintaining the environment’s balance, health, and harmony. Therefore, we must save trees to prevent the destruction of our environment and the Earth.
In this project, we will plant more and more trees on the banks of rivers so that the devastation caused by floods every year can be reduced.
Trees serve as the lynchpins of natural ecosystems. They have beneficial interactions with other trees, soil biota, wildlife, and humanity. Even though we sometimes just pass them by, trees are living beings like us who care for their offspring and other organisms around them. They also learn and relearn things just as we do.
So, we need to protect trees. In their way, trees are also working to protect us, especially from climate change. They provide crucial support in reversing and reducing the effects of global emissions causing climate change.
It is important to note that tree planting alone cannot offset our mammoth global carbon emissions. But it can help us to mitigate and adapt in the face of our climate emergency1. Planting trees is a vital part of the pathway to a more resilient, fair, and sustainable future.
There is a range of different ways in which we can use trees to help repair the damage humanity has done, restore degraded landscapes, and even improve them to meet the needs of wildlife and humanity better.
Benefits of Planting Trees:
- Provide the oxygen we breathe.
- Trap and store carbon, reducing the atmospheric greenhouse gases that cause global warming.
- Bring rain to the land and play a crucial role in the world’s water cycle.
- Store water and stabilize the soil.
- Protect the soil and increase surrounding soil fertility.
- Supply biomass for fuel needs and fertility.
- offer shade from the sun.
- Provide windbreaks.
- Filter dust and clean the air of other airborne contaminants.
- Provide valuable wood, fruits, nuts, flowers, medicines, and other resources for humans.
- Provide fodder, habitat, and other resources for other livestock and wildlife.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.